FASHION IN MUSIC VIDEOS


If you know me, then it’s not news for you that music is as important to me as fashion. I love to watch videos and concerts of my favorite artists, and I like to discover new artists as well(it’s useful to update the playlist, because sooner or later everything bothers you there). 
And the more music videos I watch, the more I understand that music and fashion are very close and often affect each other. Through the video of popular artists of decades, you can often trace what fashion was like in the year the video was filmed. After all, the best stylists most often work on the image of famous celebrties. 
I thought it would be interesting to find more on this topic with music videos from some of my favorite musicians or those whose names cannot be missed in a list ike this. I'm sure there are many more more accurate examples, so I warn you that this list is subjective (like everything on this blog lol). I hope you get inspired by the selection of these clips in the same way that I do. Enjoy!

Queen - We Will Rock You
Queen music video...Should I say more? Freddie, as well as Brian, John and Roger were real revolutionists and legends not only in terms of music. There's no doubt that they influenced trends a lot.




Madonna - Vogue
Not to mention this music video would be a real crime. Even if you don't listen to her songs, you know for sure that Madonna is a real trendsetter. And even now she's on top, still making cool music.



Lady Gaga - Judas
Lady Gaga knows how to surprise. Now she pleases us with her natural feminine looks, so it's kind pf difficult to realize how she looked like ten years ago. Very bold fashion choises are what music needed in the past decade. Not surprisingly, she quickly stood out among everyone, and not only because of her amazing voice.



Lana Del Rey - National Anthem
I think this girl doesn't need any comments. This music video of Lana fully reflects her coolness, I'm just in love with all the aesthetics. Let's watch it together.


Justin Timberlake - Suit & Tie ft. JAY Z
Although this video can seem quite minimalistic (besides, it's in black and white) and it only has men in posh tuxedos... I believe that Justin is one of those singers who deffinitely influenced fashion undustry. Even in his songs there is a style that you won't confuse with anyone. To me it's one of his best music videos.



The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
Okay, another one in black and white. My weakness. I remember how everyone loved this song. And we still do. After the sudden popularity of this band, everyone wanted a leather jacket to ride in it through the streets of California...



The Hardkiss - Rain
One of the most stylish rock bands. Special attention should be paid to their music videos. And at the time of some events like concerts or award shows, I always wait for the looks of the soloist, because they're always so unique and interesting. 


Little Mix - Woman Like Me
These girls are very inspiring with their energy and confidence. They are also really hardworking, so I advise you to watch some of their performances. It looks like stylists gathered all the main trends of the past year in one video. Worth watching!


KADNAY - Disco Girl
This band can be credited with many compliments. And one of them is a sense of style. These guys have coolest outfits both for concerts and for shooting music videos. 



Beyoncé - SPIRIT
Beautiful! Like, everything. Location, people, outfits, choreography. This music video is the newest from the list. There a lot of color. So bright colors are in fashion? Yes! Well, aren't fashion and music connected?




➳Previous post
➳Follow me on Instagram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Story of Autumn

Crete Travel Diary

Flower market